The Gathered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Divide

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kaleidescope

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:20 pm

From the forest floor the sky always seemed so far away, hidden behind countless amounts of leaves from the trees that towered up there. It felt like a cage but at the same time it made Angelus feel secure and safe. The familiar smells and sights of his home land always calmed his nerves and made him feel steady and ready for anything. And yet...he longed to leave this forest. He knew it was forbidden and that he would never be allowed back but he wanted to see the world outside and learn the customs of others. He had lived isolated as his own decision, cut off from the others so he could learn to be self-reliant. But that taboo was something he could not break because it would mean never having the option of returning if he so wished. The forest was his home: the place he was born, the place he grew up, the place he had lived, and the place where he wanted to die.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair and pushing it behind his ears. This train of thought wasn't going to help his dilemma in any sense and all it was succeeding to do was get him in a bad mood. He pulled his knife from the leather sheath on his belt and began to whittle away at some branches, creating long arrows to keep in the quiver strapped to his back. Whittling always helped him keep his mind off of the strange compulsions he had and it was always nice to create something but today it wasn't helping at all. He wanted to leave. He didn't know why because he was enjoying his life. He had all he needed from the earth and the animals; there was nothing that he didn't have. Yet he was only interested in leaving and it was slowly driving him mad.
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:32 pm

As the sounds or forest became quiet.Zenta moved away the brush or leaves and branches that covered the entrance of the cave.As he peer outside the entrance he looked around to see any sorce of food he might be able to grab before engageing on his jorney through the forest.While small scavengers raid the forest floor for food,Zen sets his eyes on a berry bush not to far away.As zen reached the berry bush he begins to check what type of berries,as if a blessing to him they were editable,Shortly after finishing up a couple of berries he shoved a couple inside his pockets.Taking a small golden flute out of his pocket tomake more room for berries.He started to play the flute as if it ere some ritual to play it after every meal.While the music flowed from the small flute a Breeze of wind began to make small leaves dance around Zen and the bush.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Angelus perked up from the spot he sat at as he heard a strangely beautiful melody playing in the air. He stood up, following the music whilst carefully pulling his bow from his back and nocking and arrow, keeping it in front of him. He carefully tiptoed towards the sound, being completely silent in his trek after years of learning to mute his footsteps. Eventually he wound up finding a young male, who looked about his age, playing a flute with wind and leaves swirling up around him. The sight was enough to momentarily stun him into lowering his bow and forget himself, making a misstep and crunching his foot on a branch.
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:44 pm

As a the near by crunch startled Zen his music stopped and the leaves fell back to the earth.His attention completely focused on the archer,As his eyes darted back and forth over the archers appearance.Untrusting of other creatures Zen shifted his left foot backwards so that at any moment he would be able to make a run for it.Zen grip tightened around the flute as his left foot began to move back and forth along the ground creating a small mound of dirt infront of his foot.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:42 am

Angelus raised his bow again, looking curiously at the male. The boy looked harmless enough due to the startled expression on his face but that couldn't always be trusted. A careful assessment of him showed the intent to flee, mistrust, and the tight grip on the instrument he had been playing previously. Angelus took a step forward, carefully.

"Who are you and what is your purpose in being here?" he asked curiously. There weren't many people he saw in the forest other than the Elves so Angelus was more interested than worried. A part of him told him he should be frightened and hide away; this boy could be someone who wanted to harm him because of his gifts. And yet, the side of him that longed for life outside of the forest just wanted to know who this was.
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

A wide grinned spread across Zens face,as he spoke with slight chuckles in between his vowels."I am Zenta,and i have no reason for being here."At that moment Zen crouched down to the floor as white fur grew over his skin,His once human ears became dog like and in a few moments his appearance looked completely animal.Zen snarled at the archeras hee dashed behind the tree and disappeared into the forest.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:24 am

Angelus's eyes widened but other than that he showed no outward shock to the boy's sudden transfrmation. After a moment to collect himself he began to chase after the transmogrified male, if only out of curiosity.

"Wait a moment! I mean you no harm! I only meant to ask you a few questions!" he shouted, putting his bow on his back as he chased him.
Back to top Go down
Rin

Rin

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 pm

"Oh dear dun cry you were great on the release." He smiled as he looked at the sleeping body of the elven woman he had just slept with. He smelled somthing in the air; "Thats NOT the smell of my juices." He said bluntly.
The sun was virtually gone, but still shadows layed about his person. "OO whooo whooo." He dived into the shadow of a tree. As he hopped out of the shadow of another tree he saw a tell elven man chasing an animal. The bow on his back callling the glint in his eye. "Mine,mine, mine." He fell back wards off of the branch of a tree into another shadow.
He erupted out of the shadow of the animal the elve was chasing heading straight for the elve in midair flipping over the elven mans head. "Thank you, thank you grreen man."
Becasue he caught the elv off gaurd, he ripped the bow off his person. Instanlty he fell into the shadow of the elv.
He was then spit up by the ground and his face skidd against the floor his ass hanging in the air.
"Oww, that was a rough landing." he groaned.
The moon was up and the sun was gone.
The elve was only a few feet away, Amaali sat up and LICKED the bow.
"Ouph! Gross! Wash your hands you staff rubber." He yelled at the baffled elv.

After a moment he concluded that the bow wasnt a treasure at all, just a crafted masterpeice, he threw the bow discarding it at the elve without warning.
He licked his lips and sigghed.

"And then it was dark." he spoke in a softer tone.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Angelus halted his running, feeling a shock as his bow was taken from him. He slowed to a halt and skidded around, turning to grab his bow where it was discarded to the floor like some common trash. It offended him a little bit how little this person cared about the weapon he'd taken so long to make.

"Was that really necessary? Ah, wait. I was chasing that guy, I better go catch him. But this guy has interesting powers too...Ah, I'll continue through with my first objective." he muttered to himself, slinging the bow onto his back and turning to continue the chase.
Back to top Go down
Rin

Rin

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:07 pm

"Your just a common pickle puffer!" he yelled at the elven man who ran off.
He backrolled onto his feet, and kicked the dirt with his heel.
Ama scratched at his head, and descided that he became tired of the forest for today, he moved on forward.
He reached the ends of the forest and saw the lining of trees split to clearing and feild. The air was filled with a siletn death that flowed through him.
"No new jerks around for me to be friends with and steal their stuff." He said in discontent.
His eyes changed from their blue glint to a murky mustard color, he knew that about 3miles up was a small village named; Minuta.
Ama huffed as he picked up his stride, but as he moved he could smell the scent of a female.
"Ohhhh, now what is a darling little hume doing out all alone at this time of night?" He asked aloud as an ear to ear grin sprawled across his face. "Onwards to my next hunt, for she smells of DEATH!" He paused. "And of springtime melons." He finished his sentence with a singsongy tone.
He bit at his lip and took off into the night for this game.
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 pm

While the archers bow was being stolen Zen used that time to get a bit further away from them.As his paced began to slow down he notice he got him self completely lost.He looked around for sighs of his way back.He growled in discontent as he didnt reconize any of the area.The white fur began to change back into human skin,his dog like features reverted back to human features.As he face a nearby tree he thought it would be best to get a higher view of things.He tried to grip the tree with his hands as he started his climb he began to slide back down to the bottle.Curseing under his breath,he gave it one more shot this time his hands turned black and sharp claws sprouted from the tips,his feet followed his hands example and he started his climb to the middle of the tree.Leaveing scarth and claw marks with each movement he soon made it to a high enough branch.He pulled himself up onto the branch and let his legs dangle off of it as he looked out into the forest.As his hands reverted back to there oringal state he placed one over his brow.not seeing any sigh of a way back he sighed."Damn.I thought this would help."As he looked down to the forest floor he releazied how high up he actully was.he pulled the flute out of his pocket."might as well get some practice in."As he began to play the flute the forest floor around the tree began to swirl with dust and leaves.As Zen's flute playing prolonged the wind began to pick up and bring the leaves up to his height as he watched them swirl around them,he soon made them dance around him and the tree.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Angelus kept running before slowing to a halt at the sudden sound of music. It was that beautiful flute again, the one played by the boy he was chasing. He paused, standing there and searching out the sound before looking upwards.

"Up there?" he asked himself, feeling his left eye lurch in the direction the male was in like a radar. He went over to the side of a tree before beginning to climb, his many years in the forest and living in the trees making it easy to climb. Now that he thought about it, his home wasn't too far from here. He could spot it from the height of the tree tops.
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Zen's flute playing ceased as he watched the archer climb up.Now Zen was curious to know what the archer was so determined that he would follow someone this far."Hey there! Looks like you found me."Zen smiled as he placed his hands behind his head as he waited for the archer to be at eye level.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Angelus managed to get up to a height where he could be eye level with the other male and sat on a branch, pausing a moment to catch his breath. His feet and the palms of his hands stung with the scrapes from rougher parts of the tree bark, but he brushed it off. It was nothing compared to some of the more dangerous things he'd done in the forest.

"I finally caught up to you! Why'd you run away?" he asked, curiosity plain on his face. There were so many things he wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:39 pm

"I ran because it seemed like it would be fun.Though i got lost in the process it was fun."Zen placed the flute back in his pocket.Zen took out some of the berries he still held in his pocket from earlier.As he popped on into his he opened his hand towards the archer."Would you like a berry?" Zenta looked up at the night sky wondering how long till morning.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Angelus shook his head but smiled at the male anyways.

"No thank you; I ate not too long ago. I'm Angelus, by the way. But most people call me Ark or Ores. It's nice to meet you..." heleft open for the other to introduce.
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Zen putting the rest of the berries in his pocket."Memory not to good?I told you before,My name is Zenta." He started to chuckle while he moved the bangs of his hair out of his eyes.Zen turned his head towards ark."So,Why did you follow me anyways?"Zen throwing another berry from his pocket to his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:26 pm

"Oh, did you? I'm sorry my mind must have been elsewhere..." he replied, putting his chin in his hand and trying to think of when exactly Zenta had mentiond hi name. He shook it off for a moment, realizn it would do no good as he often forgot things.

"I followed you out of curiosity. I've never really seen that many people in th forest that weren't Elves and you turned into an animal! I wanted to ask about the outside of the forest and what it's like."
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Zen thought about his words carefully before answering Ark question."The world outside this forest is like nothing you ever imagined.Theres so many things out there.I could take you to many different parts of the world.You'd be able to see so many magnificent thing and ever horriable things you wouldn't believe,But you have to make the choice to open the door.I can guide you but only by your choice." Zen stood up on the branch and jumped down to the ground.While he fell his arms widened and sprouted feathers.His arms resemabled that of a large birds wings,Flapping these large wings he soften his landing on the floor and he arms reverted back to there normal state.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Angelus stared at Zen in wonder, his mind filled with ideas as his words flowed around in his mind. It was almost hypnotic to him, the thoughts and images of everything that could be awaiting him outside this forest. Be it beauiful or horrible, he didn't care. He just wanted to see it. But the forest was his home. But no one had really seen him in ages. But they would know if he left and it was always nice to have the option of coming back. His thoughts warred with each other, clashing and tussling until Angelus finally had his answer. He quickly climbed down the tree, before jumping off when he was close enough. He gave Zen a determined look.

"Take me with you." he said, firmly.
Back to top Go down
Zenta

Zenta

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Zen turned his head to the sky."Very well then.We leave when you are ready."
Zen looked back to the ground as he tried to figure out which would be the quickest way out of the forest."Though i should warn you,We will only travel at night,During the day i will hide you may do as you please during that time."tossing another berry into his mouth,He spat out the seed towards a nearby tree.
Back to top Go down
Angelus O. Ark

Angelus O. Ark

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Angelus smiled shyly, brushing off the dirt from his clothes.

"Okay, I understand. I will rearrange my sleeping schedule to line up with yours or I will simply sleep in odd intervals." he replied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kaleidescope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidescope   Kaleidescope Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaleidescope
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gathered :: The Territory :: Eastern Forest-
Jump to: