The Gathered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Divide

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Day

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Another Day   Another Day EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:25 pm

The day was hot and the streets were bustling with busy citizens running about their buisness.
Rexford crossed through the a side ally were merchants and venders held their carts proudly, people jammed themselves into the allway to purchase their nessesitys.
Rexford pushed and shoved his way through, all the conjestion of the ally making him hott he held his breath at the stentch of some people.
As he emerged on the other side he waited for a cart of melons to cross, as he made his way across the street then he made a turn to the left, he wiped the sweat off his brow. Rexford saw a small pub that his father would occasionally come through and even send Rex himself to fetch some grapes.
As he entered he looked around amongst the pub, inquisiting several 'older' men if they knew any old stories of a dragon and hero, but it was to no avail.
He sat on a bar stool at the pub and sighed.
"You seem to be having you self a grubby time there boy.." Spoke the bar keep.
Reford looked up from the counter at the bald fair skinned Elven Man. "Oh Vilkash, I'm just tired. I've been walking around sinse sun up."
The barkeep gave him a look of sympathy. "OH, don't give me that look. I'm not giving up." Rexford wavered at him as he put his hair up showing his green eye and his eye patch. "Ay boy, least you can do is take here a glass a water on the house."
Rexford hadn't noticed the cup plaed just out of his blind spot to his left, "Thankyou, Vilkash." Rexford smiled.
Vilkash left his clann years ago and came to Dorrmir in hopes to start a new life, he struggled at first but met a hume by the name of Ronz who he opened up the Pub with, though when Ronz past away he left the pub to Vilkash it was hard yet prosporous to have his new lifestyle, though with his new life came an aquired accent.
As Rexford went to grab the glass handle, his hand slipped through it, he immidiatly looked up but the elve thankfully wasnt looking he was enthralled with cleanning a glass and hanging it up.
Rexford grabbed at the handle and took another swigg of water, Vilkash looked around and leaned in closer.
"I dun know much bout that rock your squablin for but i knew a woman off to the east ends of the city who knew a tale or too she could spin for ya." Vilkash smiled his perfectly white elvish smile.
Rexford's eyes shined contently, the let down his hair and ruffled it. "Thanks again Vilkash."
He hopped off the stool and made his way out.
He walked through the busy streets blind sightedly bumping into people hear and there.
He trudged on for this old woman who knew tales..
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:01 pm

“The poor girl has been at it since sunrise! She’ll kill herself at this rate.” Said the neighboring man from the 2nd floor... He could have a point there, Candice thought striking the tree hard enough to make the man scatter in fear. The day was hot and smoldering in The Grand City of Dorrmir, especially the air around Candice as she trained relentlessly. Though she pays no mind to such minor details, for her born gift is that she is able to wield fire in any shape or form, thus giving her immunity to high temperatures. She trains now, pushed by grief of the death of her sole guardian, her father.
Knowing no other way to keep her mind at peace she has been relentless in her training to uphold what her father had done for years, protect the castle. Though peace is the current state of the city, should anyone challenge her she will be prepared. Mindless training for two weeks has worn her body down to nothing but pure muscle and rage at the gods. Sleep has escaped her for days, her mind turning and twisting and reminiscing old memories of her and her father, that keep her from closing her eyes.
Even now as she strikes the thick trunk of an old withered oak tree in her backfield, she can feel sleep scratching just behind her eyes. The thought of being weak suddenly rushed threw her and in one swift movement she plunged her father’s sword deep into the old tree. Once the fire clears from her eyes Candice sees the damage she had done to her old training partner. She took in a deep breath of the cooling air, as the sun cast a long lonely shadow across the dirt ring she’s trained at for years. Candice retrieves her Father’s sword and bows at the old oak in respect for allowing her to hone her skills in her time of need.
After cleansing herself and eating a proper meal for the first time in two days, Candice finds herself in her backfield once again. The sun was just beginning to set and the city was bustling down preparing for the night. Candice effortlessly jumped on the nearest branch from the ground and continued to climb, till she stopped at a perch that seemed as if it was created by the gods in perfect view of the land and the setting sun. As she was about to settle herself on the branch, she noticed a strikingly handsome young man had caught her eye. Candice is not one to notice of such things, but the reason he had stood out to her at this time was solely because he was clearly approaching her land with a stern expression.

Last edited by Mighty Dorkus on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

The day had been tiring and Rexfords feet were sore with anguish.
But this was not to foil his determiniation; 'east of the city' Rexford repeated in his mind, he handt questioned the barkeep as to WHERE in the eatern part of the city just to head east.
Rexford thought and pondered tirelessly as to if he knew any aquaintinces in the eastern side, yet none came to mind. Though the deeper and further east he walked the more distinctly farmiliar the area looked.
A number of people had slowly left for their homes as the night fell over the great city. The sun was descending quickly, soon enough he saw the dusk. He stopped for a moment to contemplate weather he should back track a days worth of travel to go home. But he shook off the feeling for he had gone too far to turn back now.
Rexford pushed on sheer determination in his mind, he had eaten a large breakfast but that was turning to gas as the day slowed.
Suddenly he saw a couple shops that seemed to tap the air of his memory, he walked the paved road when he saw it, a small 3story home.
A place his father had taken him as a child, his father knew another castle worker here. And Rexford knew this house well, games of
hide-and-catch, pretended mysteries, and the freedom to exploit his gift.
But that was then and now he was more weary in fear of greco. Could this home be the same home of the woman who held the storys for him?
"I wonder if they still live there." Rexford mumbled to himself as he made his way to the door, he tucked his blue hair behind his ears.
Rexford knocked on the door, uncertain if he was being to bold. His knuckles phased through the wood slightly, "Ouph." He huffed as he withdrew his hand and tried agai nthis time with an abosolute sound.
After several moments a ghostly firgure came to the door.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Candice gracefully flowed toward the door in silence. A moment later the door seemed to waver, then a knock. Candice answered keeping her hand on the heavy wooden door, feeling its weight in her tired grasp. A boy stood with fine blue hair and fare skin almost as a female. Candice studied him quickly in the dark an analyzed that he was no threat. She stepped forward an asked his name.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:49 am

She observed Rexofrd in the darkness of the night.
'What is your name?' She spoke questionaingly. Rexford, held his tounge a moment knowign that it must be the darkness that clouds her sight, for rexford had a face that you just didn't forget.
He boldly took a step forward, the candle light of several lit candles lighting his face. His pale skin, his blue hair and of course his eye patch that covered this left eye ball.
He had had the patch sinse child hood but never truly spoke to any one as to why he has it.
"Well uh, my name is Rexford.." He introdused. But this whole time as he stood there introdusing himself and observing his surroundings he looked as her face, it was red with sun. And her hair was matted from sweat, she looked beaten down and tired.
"Candy?"He muttered the name almost unaudiably. Soon her eyes widened in the realization of who he was, she invited him in.
"Of course, of course." She said. "I remember my father and your father were workers at the queens palace." She seemed to struggle with the memory.
Rexford nodded his head, he sat down in a small wooden chair that she pulled out for him.
"Please call me Candice though." She asked. As both Rexford and Candice sat there in the quite house hold, her face seemed to twist into a perplexed face that finally came to the honest question that brought up his visit.
"Why are you here?"She asked.
Rexford looked up from the wooden table, he had been chiipping at a loose splinter.
"Oh, uh, well.. Vilkash told me to head east of the city to find a woman that has many stories. Though i dun even know if shes alive cause, well he said he met her years ago." Rexford struggled to explain. "And well as i was going, i saw this farmiliar house and i couldn't help myself." Rexford reffulled the hair from behind his ears.
He continued-
"My mother does not support my wandering at this time of night, but my father understands, he told me to do what i feel i must."
He took a breath as Candice listened intently.
"I'm searching for a story of about a dragon, and well although its my home for 14years i'm willing to leave the walls of dormirr to find what i'm looking for.. But first i need a lead, i need a book." Rexford spoke sternly.

((OOC; dun, dun dun- Plot connections?(coughsukicough)-LETS MOVE THIS SH%T ALONG KIDS!))
Back to top Go down
sukiomi1

sukiomi1

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Run... Don't turn back, Keep running, Never forget. The little girl gasped as she ran into the woods. Tears ran down her face as her sapphire eyes glowed brightly in the night. Her bare muddied feet barely touched the floor as she ran, and her body felt lighter, striving to get further away faster than before. Mere... Pere.... I'm scared. More sobs escaped her lips and her eyes widened slightly as the sun began to rise above the horizon. She panted and quickly hid behind a tree to block the suns harmful ray. It wasn't enough. The trees around this part of the woods were relatively thin. And she felt the stinging sensation begin as pale glows started hitting her. It hurts. “Daddy...” She silently let the words escape her lips and she knelt down to the muddied ground. “It's starting to hurt.” Her eyes lost focus and her eyes watered more at the emotional and physical pain destroying her being. “You must be Raksha.” Her body stilled and her eyes landed On two figures 10 feet away from her. One was a man around her deceased father's age and the other one appeared to be a boy around her age. “Who are you?” Her small voice whispered as she backed herself up against the feeble tree. “It's alright little one, your father sent me to get you.” Her eyes narrowed lightly on him, but the spasm of burns running through her body made her shudder violently. “Come on, we have to get you out of the sun fast.” He ran to her and quickly pulled out a thick black blanket. “It'll get hot, but we don't want any burns on you.” The man stared at her for a moment. “It's the least I could do for your parents.” His brown eyes cast a sad expression in them before removing it of any emotion in a blink of an eye. He picked her up gently, wrapping her with the thick blanket and started walking. “You escaped from Greco little one, Your father would have been proud by such a feat.” The girl looked down at the boy smiling gently at her. “My Pere... Mere... I miss them.” And she silently cried again. The man stared at his son for a moment and then held on a little tighter to the girl in his arms. Necros... They're a proud race till the very end. He sighed, because he being human, would never understand why they would part the way they did with their child.

Raksha sighed. Not because she was under the blazing sun. Not because she had to make sure every perimeter of her body was covered, but because there were large amounts of people walking everywhere through out the city. Raksha despised large amounts of people. She pulled her hat down lower covering her eyes and let gravity push down lightly. People walked slower, some thought they gained weight, some thought they exhausted themselves, other thought the gods were angry. Thoughts and comments like these ran though her ears as she easily passed by the slowed down path. She came into an aristocratic building where the person she looked for resided. She sighed again and pulled down on the cord, chiming bells were immediately heard. It was a few seconds of blessed silence before the knob started turning. A young man opened, his emerald eyes stared for a moment before he rubbed them really hard. “Raksha?” She stared at him and nodded. “Raksha, I cant believe it. Its really you!” “I think we've established who I am, Could you please let me in now?” His eyes widened and he realized they were still in the front door. He coughed once and stood up straight. “Yes, Of course. Come on in.”
He closed the doors and proceeded to close all the curtains. The room was brightly lit by all the candles and lanterns in the room. “So, Ralu, How has everything been?” Her voice was soft but spoke with authority. “It's been difficult with Pop's gone, but It's easy when I have my gift.” He chuckled lightly, his brown hair falling in his eyes lightly before he brushed it out of the way with his finger tips. Raksha sighed once and closed her eyes for a moment. The image of the man carrying her away from the darkness was still imprinted in her mind. The image of the boy, the young man who now stood in front of her, was also too fresh to forget. “Raksha, It's been two years since I've last seen you. How have you been?” He walked up to her and lightly held her face in his hands. “Ralu... You know how I am, I'm fine.” he sighed and hugged her. She froze for a moment but her body relaxed and she slowly returned the embrace. “Call me Ralucian, or I'm going to start calling you Rara again.” She smiled, and buried her face into his chest. “I missed you Ralucian.” He kissed her forehead, and chuckled for a moment. “Love you too, Raksha.” They parted slightly and stayed quiet for a moment. “So what made you come into the city Rara?” Her eyes widened slightly as if forgetting. “I actually came here for a new book.” she smiled at the thought. “Book.. Book... Book....” Ralucian's yes widened and he remembered. “Pop's, he had a weird book with him, he said it was an important treasure for him to have. Before he passed away he told me to give it to you.” He walked towards the book shelf, but rather than pull a book out of it, he moved the shelf itself, behind it there was a small hole in the wall, in it a small chest. He took it out and walked back towards the couch. She looked at it, then carefully opened it revealing a small note.

Raksha:

One from the race whom creates to retrieve the great.
One from the race whom hide from the suns rays.
One from the race whos innocence stay in that place.

Protect this book, and go back to your childhood, you'll find a piece that was used to see.

She looked at the book, It was red with black edgings around it. It was written in a foreign language but she could probably decipher it in time. She sighed once more and tucked the book and note into her cloak. She looked at Ralucian before standing up and retrieving her hat. “I have to go.” Ralucian's eyes widened. He held on to her. “Stay for a moment longer.” Her eyes narrowed on him before speaking. “Ralu, How many time do I have to tell you not to alter emotions in me.” He chuckled lightly before scratching the back of his head. “It was worth a try, just to have you with me for a little more.” She smiled at him and she tip-toed up and lightly pecked his lips. “Love you too, Ralu.” He smiled and returned that contact. “You know I'll always be waiting for you Raksha.” She placed her hat on again and held on to the knob of the door. “Sometimes I think you're a fool for waiting.” He smiled, then winked. “Love makes even the smartest people do the craziest of things, love.” She chuckled lightly and walked outside, closing the door behind her. My childhood? She stepped away from the house and walked through the crowds quietly once more.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:13 pm

The odd boy stepped forward."Well uh, my name is Rexford…” he stood there with a perplexed look upon his face “Candy?".
Candice had a sudden rush of memories from her past. That blue hair… she could only remember the flash of sun reflecting from it. But who was he? She struggled, tired from the vigorous training, and focused for a moment. Realizing who he was at last she motioned for him to come in "Of course, of course." She said.
She knew who he was, the little boy who belonged to one of fathers coworkers. He was too young to pronounce my name at the time, so father told him to call me candy. "I remember my father and your father were workers at the queen’s palace."
Rexford nodded his head; she pulled a chair for him to sit."Please call me Candice though." The thought of that childish name wouldn’t suit a worrior. After some time of studying him Candice could see that something troubled the boy."Why are you here?"She spoke. The boy jerked his head upright at looked her in the eyes.
"Oh, uh, well... Vilkash told me to head east of the city to find a woman that has many stories. Though I dun even know if she’s alive cause, well he said he met her years ago. And, well as I was going, I saw this familiar house and I couldn't help myself." Rexford Played with his hair nervously as he continued-"My mother does not support my wandering at this time of night, but my father understands, he told me to do what I feel i must."
Candice listened intently for the boy seemed to be in some kind of confusion. "I'm searching for a story of about a dragon, and well although its my home for 14years i'm willing to leave the walls of Dormirr to find what i'm looking for.. But first i need a lead, i need a book." Rexford spoke sternly.
A book? “Well Rexford as far as the old woman goes I know of no one except my mother who told such tales in this city. But alas, she departed from this world the day I entered it.” A cold silence swept over the room as she could clearly see Rexford regretted mentioning it.
“Its alright you knew not of what you asked me personally. As for this book… well Iv herd of the story you speak of but I thought it was just my father spinning tales for me as a child.” His ears seemed to perk up at the thought that someone might know of the story too. “I am not one to know of such things myself, I simply spend my days hunting and training to become a guard at the castle to protect thy Queen..” the boy seemed crushed by this piece of information. What a face, Candice thought. *Sigh* “I do know where the parchments and books of old are kept in the castle. But I cannot simply walk into the castle with you.”
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 am

Rexford felt his face twist in pain at the sound of her mother being passed as well as her father.
He felt guilt wash over him. 'Mighta been a mistake to bother her.' He bit at his lip.
"I do know where the parchments and books of old are kept in the castle. But I cannot simply walk into the castle with you.”
She said finally after a moment of hesitence.
Rexford's eye lit up.
"Of course you can! I won't be a bit of trouble. We could go now."He rambled.
His face was bright and exstaticlly frantic. He was up and about looking out of the windows at the dark streeets, he saw only street preformers and those young adults who enjoy drink and dance at the late hours of dorrmir.
Rexford scurried back over in front of Candice; "Well? Why are you still sitting? Lets be off."
He was in a state of heartracing excitment.
Rexford opened the door, the moon of Umbra shining brightly into the room with its blue hue.
His clothing shinned strangly; his black shorts, white shirt and his black jacket with a messenger bag on top.
The night air strolled in, as she sat at the chair stationary.
Without notice he blindly and quickly descended the steps of the porch. He turned around and looked at the open door way awaiting his old playmate to join him. "Come on!" He exclaimed with a smirk nto carring that people were starring at him strangly.
A book in the palace,
a story in the book,
a story with a clue. . And with that notion he knew.
With this clue, he would be leaving the city of Dorrmir.
And then he'd be gone.

((OOC; sukisukisukisukisukisukisukisukisukisukisukisukisuki! :PP<33 You posted lol I'm MORE excited as we move forward.
Someone post like NOW!))
Back to top Go down
sukiomi1

sukiomi1

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Raksha groaned inwardly. She was walking around for 2 hours now, not knowing exactly where the exit was. She debated going back to Ralucian, but going back meant staying there forever under Ralu's puppy dog expression. She felt the heat of the sun under her cloak and she decided that running might be good to get out faster. She ran and suddenly her chest squeezed and blood poured out of her lips, and still she wouldn't stop not until a blue blur came into view. Shit She couldn't use her ability to stop.

(Cough) Angel (Cough)
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Rexford seemed to be bouncing in front of Candice Wailing "Well? Why are you still sitting? Let’s be off."
He flung opened the door and the light of Umbra broke into the darkness of the room shining brightly into the room with its blue hue.
Candice just sat watching in a sort of shock. She hadn’t expected him to be so enthusiastic like this.
He bounced his way off the steps of the porch, turned around and looked at Candice with a grin on his face. "Come on!"
This kid. He thinks he can just walk into the castle without being questioned or attacked? Senseless youth I suppose.He stood waiting for her to follow. Children have no patience, she simply thought as she arose from her chair. She was just going to have to break it to the poor kid, it’s just not possible.
As soon as Candice stepped foot outside the door she heard running footsteps underneath the sounds of the drunken gypsies dancing in the street. A cloaked figure was on a collision course with Rexford and didn’t seem to be moving.
Candice grabbed at the boys black jacket pulling him toward her, but it was too late. Damn it! The running person seemed to trip over Rexford’s extended foot, sending the person flying into the rough road. At the same moment Rexford slammed into Candice and they fell onto the steps.
Candice shoved the boy off of her. “Stupid boy.” She spit the words at him. “That’s what happens when your not paying attention and run around without looking first.”
She left him sitting there with a frown on his face.
Now lets see who this is. Candice walked over and noticed the feminine figure and assumed it was a drunken woman trying to find her way home. She could hear the woman Coughing and bent down to assist her upright. She was completly cloaked from head to toe.
What an odd way to dress. “Are you okay? You shouldn’t be running around like that, someone could get hurt.” Her body stiffened as Candice layied her hand on her arm as to help her up. “Are you okay?”
She looks suspicious. She wont get away without answering a few questions first…

DumDumDuummmmm.. >.< Try me suki :p
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:26 pm

The woman landed just in front of their feet as Candice tugged at his collar lettign her fall.
Rexford, had a face of worry as she bent down to inspect the woman. She had changed alot since their childhood days.
So serious, so worked.
She was hunched over the woman, not giving her room for air or escape. As Rexford looked at the floor her saw a book that had skidded out of her hands. He picked it up and set it on the porch.
"Candy!" He beconed with a bit of a whine. "You need to give her AIR." he huffed as he tryed to move candice out of the way.
She shrugged him off. "Urgh. Candy let her breathe." He furrowed his brow and phased through his old child hood friend, when he solidified she was pushed back. He patted the womans back and pulled off her hat ,the moons blue rays fell upon her dark hair.
He could see blood on the floor, he helped her face up to the air. The shine of his necklace shined off of the moons light.
"Take a breath, ms." He said.
But as he looked at her appareance, she was young.
"Candy can we move her inside?"
He asked in desperation.
"please." he spoke softly.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:55 pm

"Urgh. Candy let her breathe." Rexford wined. Candice heard him approaching and just as he should have touched her back he appeared in front of her and shoved her back. How? There was no way.
He patted the woman’s back and pulled off her hat. What is he doing? He helped her face up "Take a breath, Ms." He said. He turned toward Candice in a pleading look "Candy can we move her inside?" She gave him a stern look and yet he continued "please." he spoke softly.
There goes that face again. “Fine. Help her up and get her in the house, lay her in my bed. I’ll get some water.” Why do I let this boy convince me.?
Back to top Go down
sukiomi1

sukiomi1

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Raksha fell forward, the unseen foot tripping her forward, Without control of her powers she couldnt stop herself, but she had reflexes and luckly she landed semi-gracefully. Shit. She glanced at the corner of her eyes at the woman starting to question her. She debated fighting, but comotions would draw more attention to her. "Take a breath Ms." The boy spoke. Her eyes widened slightly. She really wasnt used to kindness like this. "Candy can we move her inside?" She shuddered lightly. She didnt need people to know who or what she was. "Fine. Help her up and get her in the house, Laye her in my bed. I'll get some water." Raksha's eyes widened slightly and she stood up quickly, though still wobbly. "Its fine, really. I'll live." she casually wiped the blood from her lips. "You're a fool if you think we're believing that." Spoke the blonde female. "Rexford, Help her in now." Raksha sighed, but supposed she needed the water. My abilities should be back in a few minutes, I'll escape easily.
"Thank you, Your kindness is greatly appreciated." She bowed, the book coming out just slightly. She moved it back in her cloak, hoping none of them saw it.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:46 pm

He grabbed the book and held her by the waist helping her into the house before a crowd could form although their were many people starring. "Candy, dun for get her hatt!" He called from the front door. He huffed as he helped her into a chair.
He plopped the book onto the table and scurried off into the cuppboards of the home.
It was surprizingly empty in all of the cabnits. His heart sunk a little at how sad her life had been without his parents he didnt know what to do without a home.
He found some cups, he grabbed one and head out across the house. The backdoor was locked, he tryed to toggle it but it wouldnt budge. Reford had already risked his exposure once tonight but in this case he wasnt being watched. He hopped out the back wall into the yard where there was well.
He filled pitcher and brought it in.
Rexford went and server her the glass of water. He noticed his necklace hanging out and he tucked it in in hopes that the woman hadnt seen.
"Are you well?" He asked.
"Candy you okay?" he asked calling out to the open door leading out to the night.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:13 pm

"You're a fool if you think we believe that. Rexford, Help her in now." Candice watched as Rexford helped the woman in. "Candy, dun forget her hat!" Candice eye twitched at the nickname. She walked over and picked up the hat.
I still don’t understand.. I should have noticed, no one gets by me. Candice just stood and gazed into space while the small crowd of people dispersed. She stood there pondering.
Maybe I’m just overworked. He slipped through my guard."Candy you okay?" She turned slowly and glared at him. “What?” he asked.
“Get in the house ill deal with you later.” Rex backed up while Candice came in. The candle light making his blue hair shine a dark midnight color.
She turned to speak to the woman and noticed something out of place. Where did the pitcher of water come from?.. She ignored this fact for the time being, “What is your name?”
Back to top Go down
sukiomi1

sukiomi1

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Raksha quickly grabbed the book and sighed once it was in her grasp again. The book was special considering it was the last gift Randile left for her. You, sir book, are a problem. She sighed once more. She did that often when contemplating. She stared at the boy looking for his dear friend and noticed a necklace hang out slightly. Why does that seem so familiar? She relaxed slightly but never let the book loosen in her grasp. Now to avoid questioning. "Whats your name?" So much for avoiding questions "My name is not of importance, I appreciate you hospitality but I must get going." She stood up to head for the door, but the Candy character stopped her. "Not so fast, I think you at least owe us a name." Raksha sighed once more before debating it. "My name is Raksha. Thank you for helping me. But as you must understand I Must be on my way." "Wait," The blue haired boy spoke up, his curious eyes illuminating slightly. "Your book, What is it?" Her eyes widened slightly before glancing down at it. "Your necklace, What is it?" She responded back. Information for information, she liked negotiations.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 pm

[[OOC; just to let yall know, we ARNT supposed to be anwsering dialoge for other players. I did it once but i got consent.]]

Rexford looked at Candice for an okay, but nothing of the sort escaped her face only a stare at the woman named Raksha.
He looked down at his chest pulling out the necklace out of his shirt.
Rexford looked at the woman gripping the book she leaned in closer to inspect the peice of jewlery, he closed his eyes and held his breath.
"I'm so sorry!" He yelled as he touched her shoulders. He utilized his gift making the woman phase through the floor boards, he pulled his hands away and let her solidify.
Rexford was frantic as Candices face was wide eyed. He quickly did a 360 probably unsure of his next descision.

He winced; "Oh mam im so sorry i just really can't have you leave without me seeing that book." He said quickly. "And this necklace is too valuable to tell you what it is." He sounded apathetic. "Im so sorry for this." he apoligized again. Rexford reached for the book and pulled it through the womans hands. "Ouph this is heavy." he commented as it solidified into his arms.
He looked up at candy for the umphteenth time.
"Sorry to leave stray woman in your floor boards but, iv got clues to collect.. SORRY!" he yelled frantically as he litterally ran through the wall and out of the house all of this in a matter of two minutes. He ran down the streets quickly unsure of a real destination just to run with the book.
"Mother would not like this ONE bit." He slipped the book into his messenger bag and kept running.

[[OOC; lawl Rexford, sweet, confused, innoscent, franticdork. lol]]
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:03 pm

"I'm so sorry!" He yelled as he placed his hand on her shoulders and seemed to shove her through the floor boards. Did that just happened?Candice blinked in disbelief, but Raksha was still stuck there in her floor.
"Oh ma’am I’m so sorry I just really can't have you leave without me seeing that book. And this necklace is too valuable to tell you what it is." Rexford spoke in a rush.
Candice was paralyzed from the event that was happening before her. "I’m so sorry for this." he apologized again.
Rexford reached for the book and pulled it through the woman’s hands. "Opus this is heavy." He looked up at Candice with a face of sorrow.
"Sorry to leave stray woman in your floor boards but, I’ve got clues to collect... SORRY!" he yelled frantically as he literally ran through the wall and out of the house leaving Candice and Raksha in a sort of daze. So that must be his power.. *sigh* What am I to do with this woman.
“This Boy… He must really be desperate for what he’s looking for.” I can find out from the records in the castle were his father lives. He’s probably on his way back home hopefully. Candice looked down at Raksha “What am I to do with you?”
Back to top Go down
sukiomi1

sukiomi1

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:03 pm

"What am I to do with you?" Candice asked as she stared at Raksha. Suddenly Raksha eyes glowed brightly and the floor board seem to peel and at the same time explode away from her. She levitated and lightly landed one the non-destroyed floor board. She brushed off the dust from her clothing then gave Candice a look of annoyance. "Well, I dont know about you, but I'm in the mood to hunt down a blue haired mammal care to join?" She smirked one of those few expressions ever shown, and this one pertained malice. "Could you do me a favor? After this could u possibly hold my clothing, I wouldnt want to run around in the nude." Her eyes were expressionless but then her pupils formed into slits and her body turned into a black furred animal with bright sapphire eyes. A black panther appeared in her place and she motioned Candice to follow. Run Little bunny because once I find you, Your time will be up.

Last edited by sukiomi1 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Candice was for the most part pissed that her home for years was being destroyed slowly. She was shocked for a moment but thought nothing of this transformation for it was probably her power.
Candice grabbed the cloths around the panther’s body. “Wait.” She tossed the cloths into a bag and slung it over her back. Walked to the closet and pulled out her sword and strapped it to her back as well.
“Alright let’s go.” Candice Opened the door and the panther flew over the porch steps into the street. A woman screamed as she saw the panther but that didnt stop Raksha from flying forward in chase.

Last edited by Mighty Dorkus on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:24 pm

"Did i just do that?" He asked himsefl frantic as he had not stopped running. "Holy Sol i think i just did that."
Rexford was being weighed down by the book. But as he was running he thought of the odd appearence of the raven haired woman.
She looked almost like that mythological race that his father used to tell him stories about.
They tavelled in packs in the wastes and shifted into monsters and animals and most were vicsios.
But this woman didn't look angry or mean in the slightest she seemed elegant almost.
But what if she was a monster? What if she could track his scent and kill him for taking her book.
He could imagine it now; Rexford thoguht of the beautiful woman grabbing him by the collar and transforming into some horrid beast and tearing him to shreds.
He tripped but caught his footing and kept on, he looked ahead and he knew where to go.
Rexford made a sharp turn at a large crowd of people. Then another turn at a large intercity inersection.
He made his way to his destination. "YES!"
The Grand cities, GRAND BIZZARE, meshed with the most strange smells and mized scents there could ever exist.
He pushed his way past some people know without using his ghosting knowing that they WOULD notice.
For this was no quite little part of the city it was a well known market. He saw a fish vender and he ducked behind his cart.
He knew that this place was full of strong unbeleivable smells, and he would be cloaked from his own stench. Rexford took a deep breath and slid the book crefully out of his bag; he opened it up to read its wording.
He slapped himself in the head; "Your kidding.." He muttered.
The vender heard him and yelled swinging his cleaver around; "Get out of here you sweaty meat eater!"
Rexford shuffled up to his feet and he scurried away near an ally. He sighed in disbeleif.
The words were in a launguage he didn't recognize, he was upset but knew where he was going.
He looked into the sky that was dark with color; it was late though and the sun would arrive.
He left to his next destination; leavign the book behind in a bail of hay.
Rexford left without a trace.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Candice followed the panther that was Raksha, till they reached the bizarre. “Meet back at my house later” They split up, Raksha going into an ally and Candice strait into the crowd.
Where did you go? Candice did her best to keep an eye out for his blue hair while avoiding people pushing and shoving their way through the plaza.
“Bah, people always trying to steal my fish. First the crazy old lady, now some weird haired boy! What’s next!? A lama!”
Did she hear right? Candice walked over to the fish vendor “Excuse me” She smiled sweetly at the smelly man “Did a boy with blue hair and an eye patch happen to pass by here?”
The old man smiled a yellow crooked smile and answered “There was a boy with blue hair sitting behind my cart. Probably trying to steal my fish I bet! He scurried off once I scared him off.”
Found you. “Did you happen to see where he ran off to?” Candice smiled once more and the smelly man without trying to breath too much. The smell of fish was getting to her. “Ah right behind that ally there.”
Candice stalked to the ally but all she found was the book Raksha owned on top of a bail of hay. Candice pick up knowing it belonged to the strange woman. Now that I think about it, the morphing, the odd clothing. I bet she was a necro like father told me of as a child.
Candice looked up and saw the castle in the distance. I know where your headed. Before you get yourself killed I gotta find you.
She put the book into the bag with the necro’s cloths and began to walk toward the castle.
On the way there Candice couldn’t help but thinking about the past. Memories of her and the boy running through her backfield and playing odd games that children played ran through her mind.
Candice couldn’t help but think that he was the only real friend she had as a child. Other than the guards at the castle and her father there was no one else in her life.
I can’t do this! Candice hopped up to the lowest roof and up again to the second story. Her adrenaline pumping she ran and hopped across the roof tops.
First my mother, then my father, now this idiot is running through this place without a second thought of the people who care about him.
She stormed her way through the roof tops feeling the heat inside her swelling up. Being one with fire, she could feel that was morning was soon approaching. Knowing the necro had to nowhere to go once sunrise approach, Candice hoped that she would find her way to her house for protection.
I will find you..

[[OoC; You fucker. Throwing these plot twists my way]]
Back to top Go down
sukiomi1

sukiomi1

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:02 pm

That boy... Annoyance etched in the black panther's expression as she stealthily walked down the ally. I'm supposed to be protecting that book, Not getting it stolen by a second rate thief. She sniffed once more and started smelling fish. What the... She started running forward again and came into a fish stand. "Crazy kids are running all over the place today." Raksha growled and the fish vendor looked down at her and paled. "Thats.... Not a llama...." She was mildly confused, but as soon as he started screaming she pounced back into the darkness shifting her body into a sparrow and flying high above the horizon. She chirped. Shit, sunlight. She inwardly sighed before using her eyes to find Candice's house. Nothing to do now but wait. She sped forward and gracefully soared in the sky. She landed by the open window and quickly slipped in. She transformed into her usual form and closed anything that let light in, letting her form lay in complete darkness. She sighed once more and wrapped a blanket around her form, making sure to tie it securely. If I ever get my hands on the boy, hes getting a piece of me. She uncomfortably sat on the couch. If being naked in a stranger's house wasn't karma, she didn't know what was.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Rexford held his breath around a corner, as he was hidden and could not be seen.
"Did you hear that rumor that was going around last night?" A mans voice spoke. "The one about the blue demon?"
another man spoke.
"Demon? I heard it was a ghost that trashed the infermery." He whispered in a hush tone to the other.
"A ghost? Really? I thought this place had magic sealed in the walls to keep it evil spirits like that out?" he asked the man with a concerned voice. "I heard a BLUE demon took over one of the propped knights armors and made it move across the castle and back" He added.

Rexford squeezed his eyes tight, he had hoped not to cause a scene of a commotion with his visit. The walls of the castle were tall, he had slept in a store room where a sac of flour made itself his pillow for the night.
He knew day had come when he found an infermary where the windows showed the orange rays of dawn approaching, he rumaged through the clinic looking for bandages for he had cut his arm in running into a propped up knights armor.
But it had been an hour sinse the it was probably early morning by now.
Rexford had made his way throguh many of the rooms in the castle, occasionally slipping through the floors to a lower level of the castle to avoid guards.
Ever since the book he had taken was a forgotten travisty he was determined for a new hope.
Rexoford was drained, never did he expect to sneak into the queens castle and reak havoc amongst the insides of its walls.
He prayed that he wouldnt run into his father here in the castle but knew he would be fine for his father only worked nighty shifts.
GRRRWWLLLLLLgrumbbllee... "You better keep youself hushed." Rexford frowned at his stomach.

"What the?" A gaurd stopped speaking. "Hey frank did you just here that?"

'Shit.' Rexford thought to himself. "See the trouble you get us into?" He asked his abdomen.
As the suited men walked over rexford had phased into the room behind him. And come out into a book room, he ran his pale fingers over many of the volumes of titles but none called his eye. He searched for a thick leather bound book that mentioned either a dragon of sorts or a hero. But none hit him.
"At least im on the right track." He muttered.
His thoughts fell on candyand of the woman who's nights he had ruined. "Ouph, ive made a mess huh?"He questioned himself.
"Wonder if she got outta the floor. . Man i hope the hole in the floor isn't to big." He sighed. "Can't waste time thinking about stuff like that now." Rexford walked into the book shelf, phasing only his good eye into the next room, he saw no one only shelves full of books.
He ran through the rows of books again this time yet again comming up with nothing.
Rexford went into another room and still nothing.
He entered the fourth room of books this room had no windows but was illuminated by several lamps.
Rexford grabbed his peice of string and tied up his hair tucking the bangs of his hair behind his ears.
He let his fingers slide over the leather books one by one. He was determined to find this peice.
"I'll go through every room if i have to.. I'm not leaving empty handed." Rexford said sternly.
Nothing would stop him, not even the queen her self.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Dorkus

Mighty Dorkus

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Candice had made herself into the castle with no problem just as the sun was peaking over the horizon. Greeting the guards that knew her father she made her way through the castle hearing stories of a “blue ghost”.
*Sigh* He’s really not good at keeping himself scarce…
Going through the levels of the castle, the stories of the blue ghost continued. Walking knight’s armor, whispers in the dark, some even say they saw the ghost running from room to room… Been keeping yourself busy haven’t you.
Candice Turned down the hallway were most of the books were kept. There’s only one place were the story he’s looking for would be kept though.
Candice grabbed one of the dimming candles off the wall and continued down the hallway till she stopped at what seemed to be a regular door. Here we are.
Already having requested the keeper for the key, she pulls out a silver key from her waistband and unlocks the door. Nothing greets her but darkness and the smell of stale air and paper.
Keeping the candle in front she steps in, and using the light from outside, she lights a few candle holders around the room.
After examining the room for a bit, she closes the door and locks herself in not wanting to be disturbed. She turns and looks around the room looking at all the glory of the books and scrolls kept there.
I wonder?.. She places her finger on the farthest book to the right and starts to look going through all the titles. What was that?
As Candice was going through the titles, something shined in her eye. She backed up retracing her steps… There! A title shined in the candle light, it was a blue leather book, bound by a thick looking string made of some kind of leather. She pulled it off the shelf and blew the dust that heavily coated the book.
She settled herself in a shadowed corner, cracked it open and began to read, waiting….
...A few hours later...
"I'll go through every room if I have to.. I'm not leaving empty handed." Candice heard the voice and looked up seeing the boy with his hair tied up and looking through the books. Seemed I dozed off~
“Took you long enough.” She said as she stood up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day   Another Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gathered :: The Territory :: The Grand City of Dorrmir-
Jump to: